November 2, 2017 Shannon Carey
Failing septic systems can be difficult hurdles for country folks, often costing thousands of dollars to repair. Likewise, local farmers may see the benefit of fencing livestock out of the...
Four worthy Bobcats will be honored at the 16th annual Central High School Wall of Fame Banquet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, in the commons at Gresham Middle School,...
Jeff Randolph, a Greenville, S.C., developer whose firm, the Randolph Group LLC, specializes in building residential, urban infill and mixed-use communities, will speak about the creation of successful mixed-use developments...
Former Knoxville Mayor Daniel Brown, the current city council member for the sixth district, has endorsed Gwen McKenzie to succeed him in that post. He is term-limited and cannot seek...
Load more posts
Sign up for email updates
- The Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC Y-12 Community Investment Fund has granted some $150,000 to 16 nonprofits from 11 East Tennessee counties. The fund is managed by the East Tennessee Foundation and was created in 2014 by CNS, which operates the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, Texas, where a similar fund is managed by the Amarillo Area Foundation.
- Scott Frith, attorney and former Realtor, is engaged to Bridget McCullough and hopes to join her in Philadelphia in January. Scott says he’s excited about the New Year and new beginnings.
- Bob Thomas and Ed Brantley, Knox County commissioners at-large, will be ringing the bells for the Salvation Army 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13, at the Sears entrance to West Town Mall, 7600 Kingston Pike. This event will be the commissioners’ 35th monthly Ed and Bob Night Out. All are invited to stop by to chat.
- West Knox Republican Club will host Christmas/Hanukkah Party 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Rothchild, 8807 Kingston Pike. Ticket info: Gary Loe, 865-584-5842.
- Fountain City BPA will present its annual Claude C. Myers award for businessperson of the year at its annual after-hours networking event, 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, at Commercial Bank, 5320 N. Broadway.