November 14, 2017 Dr. Jim Tumblin
The Fountain Head Railway’s final destination in Fountain City, “The Station,” has housed many businesses and has been the scene of many events since the demise of the railway in...
October 30, 2017 Dr. Jim Tumblin
Mrs. Hazel Ogg Costa will be honored at the 16th annual Central High School Wall of Fame Banquet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, in the commons at Gresham Middle...
With her usual exemplary style, fellow KnoxTnToday.com author Shannon Carey covered the present status of Fountain City Lake in an article entitled “Fountain City Lake work resuming soon, sediment removal...
July 5, 2017 Dr. Jim Tumblin
What is Fountain City’s oldest business that is still in existence? Until a couple of years ago, Babelay and Stormer’s “Fountain City Florist and Greenhouse” (Est. 1939) seemed a possible...
Load more posts
Sign up for email updates
- The Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC Y-12 Community Investment Fund has granted some $150,000 to 16 nonprofits from 11 East Tennessee counties. The fund is managed by the East Tennessee Foundation and was created in 2014 by CNS, which operates the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, Texas, where a similar fund is managed by the Amarillo Area Foundation.
- Scott Frith, attorney and former Realtor, is engaged to Bridget McCullough and hopes to join her in Philadelphia in January. Scott says he’s excited about the New Year and new beginnings.
- Bob Thomas and Ed Brantley, Knox County commissioners at-large, will be ringing the bells for the Salvation Army 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13, at the Sears entrance to West Town Mall, 7600 Kingston Pike. This event will be the commissioners’ 35th monthly Ed and Bob Night Out. All are invited to stop by to chat.
- West Knox Republican Club will host Christmas/Hanukkah Party 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Rothchild, 8807 Kingston Pike. Ticket info: Gary Loe, 865-584-5842.
- Fountain City BPA will present its annual Claude C. Myers award for businessperson of the year at its annual after-hours networking event, 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, at Commercial Bank, 5320 N. Broadway.