The week of December 7-11 was a bit slower for the title companies than the previous week, but that isn’t unusual during the holiday season. We recorded 263 property transfers for the week; three of those were commercial properties that changed hands for more than a million dollars.
This highest value sale of the week was $11.6 million for the Extra Space Storage property at 2072 Western Ave. to ESS Storage Acquisitions Forty Three LLC from Western Avenue CCSS I LLC.
Two other million-dollar commercial transactions took place: Gay and Vine Corner LLC, the former owner of the building located at 143 S. Gay St. sold to MKC Properties LLC for $1.1 million. And, 3456 Sibs LLC sold the property at 3011 East Industrial Parkway to Dooley Properties for $1.275 million.
Lending, while a little slower than the previous week, is still going strong. We recorded 608 mortgages that came to a total of $220.56 million. The banks and financial corporations that lent single loans over $1 million were:
- Berkley Point Capital – $42.4 million
- Citi Real Estate Funding Inc. – $36.0 million
- Bank of Tennessee – $4.19 million
- First Volunteer Bank – $3.25 million
- Pinnacle Bank – $3.2 million
- Simply Bank – $1.5 million
- Peoples Bank of the South – $1.2 million
- Home Federal Bank of Tennessee – $1.1 million
All of our top lenders can be viewed here.
Don’t forget, we’re on Facebook: @KnoxRegister Please give us a ‘like’ and share the page. Have a safe and happy week!
Nick McBride is register of deeds for Knox County