Everything was coming up, well, pansies for the 2017 Landscape Beautification Awards, an annual judging of Farragut’s beauty by the Beautification Committee.
The pre-determined judging date may have hit some businesses before their full array of flowering plants were blooming thanks to unusual weather patterns, explained committee chair Holly Janney at the Farragut Board of Mayor and Aldermen meeting. If you had pansies, you were lucky this year when it came to color, she said.
Judging isn’t based on visual appeal alone. Only 10 percent of the judging is subjective impressions, with the other 90 percent divided equally among landscape design, selection of plant material and maintenance.
- Retail Commercial Complex: Weigel’s No. 56 at Campbell Station Road
- Multi-Family Residential Complex: Lanesborough Apartments
- Residential Entrance: Fox Run subdivision
- Commercial/Office Building: Home Federal Bank
- Commercial Retail: Costco Wholesale
- Hotel/Motel Complex: Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Religious Institution: St. John Neumann Catholic Church