The Knoxville Jewish Alliance will host a community reception to meet and welcome Rabbi Cantor Raina Siroty from Temple Beth El. The event is 3:30-5 p.m. Friday, July 14, at the Arnstein Jewish Community Center, 6800 Deane Hill Drive.
Rabbi Siroty recently moved to Knoxville (Rocky Hill area) with her son, Gabriel, a rising first grader. She has an extensive résumé and a personal website.
Her quote: I am that rabbi who joins with congregants and leadership to build a synagogue which stands as an epicenter of warm and meaningful relationships and support.
Together we will work to transform the brick-and-mortar building into a Kehillah – a deeply spiritual, caring community steeped in Jewish practice, music, learning experiences, cultural events and shared joy.
- Swim on July 4: Today, Tuesday, July 4, the Allen Rosen Aquatic Center, 6800 Deane Hill Drive, will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Food will be served from noon to 2 p.m. and includes watermelon, hot dogs (kosher and veggie) and beer.
- Saturday, July 22, is Parents Night Out with dinner and childcare for ages 1-12 from 6:30-9 p.m. at the AJCC. Must RSVP by July 19.
- If you’ve ever wanted a glimpse into the thought and care that PJ Library puts into choosing stories to send out, the Book Selection Committee writes a “Why We Chose This Book“ series to share their thoughts.
- Is your family up for a spontaneous summer road trip? Here’s PJ Library’s list of 10 kid-friendly cities you might consider typing into you
- PJ Library’s website and book collection is filled with ways to learn about Jewish values. Read about the beautiful concept of chesed, an expression of loving kindness said to include elements of courage and imagination.
Based on information from Anna Iroff-Bailey, director of Jewish Life, at PJ@jewishknoxville.org or 865-690-6343, ext. 3