Installation of snowflakes and banners on Maynardville Highway from Afton Drive to Emory Road is a project of the Halls Crossroads Women’s League.
It’s not a blizzard yet, but the League hopes to add snowflakes each year. The inaugural year required massive cooperation from KUB, TDS Telecom, Knox County government and others to get the snowflakes set and powered up. Future years should be easier.
This year’s 19 sponsors (in alphabetical order) are:
- Beaver Dam Baptist Church
- Bob Johnson Insurance
- Commercial Bank
- First Century Bank
- Halls Business and Professional Association
- Halls Crossroads Women’s League
- Hallsdale Powell Utility District Employees
- Halls Service Center – Liz Clevenger
- Home Federal Bank
- KnoxTNToday.com – Sandra Clark
- In Memory of Joseph Fugate
- In Loving Memory of Lewis Love
- In Memory of Virgil “Ed” Coppinger
- Pioneer Heating and Air
- Southern Designs Landscape
- TDS Telecom
- Travis Smith Family
Susan Smith of the Women’s League said, “I have received only rave reviews. This community is loving these changes. It’s something to be both excited about and proud of. My hope is continued support to finish project.”
Janis Crye added: “A very special thanks to Knox County, KUB, Progression Electric, TDS, Applical and an anonymous donor, as well as the sponsors. The HCWL plans to continue the Snowflake project all through Halls as funds become available.”
If anyone or business is interested in sponsoring a Snowflake going forward through Halls, email Janis Crye at email@example.com.