Wildflower Report – West Prong Trail (B-E) – 2 June 2023
- Basil Bee Balm – Many – Some at peak bloom – some past peak bloom.
- Canadian Violet – Some – Past peak but still some nice ones.
- Galax – Many – Well past peak bloom but still a few nice ones.
- Goats Beard – Some – AT peak bloom or just beyond.
- Hawkweed – Few – Some at peak bloom – others past peak bloom.
- Loosestrife – Some – Just past peak bloom.
- Mountain Laurel – Many ++ – Past peak bloom; however still many nice blooms.
- Partridge Berry – Few – Past peak bloom.
- Rosebay Rhododendron – Few – Just starting to bloom.
- Star Grass – (1)
- Wild Hydrangea – Many ++ – About 40% at peak bloom – many just starting to bloom – beautiful.
- Wood Nettle – Some
- Yellow Wood Sorrell – Very few – Appear to be just starting to bloom.
Special Note: Some of the photos were made in previous years because they were better than the photos made today.
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.