Food City is excited to host a UT Pep Rally from 3-6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, at the Halls Food City, 7202 Maynardville Pike. The Q Smoker will be at Halls this weekend – a great time to stock up on pulled pork and ribs.
Members of the UT Dance/Cheer teams, UT mascot, inflatables and refreshments will entertain with WIVK broadcasting live. Register for UT-themed giveaways with a drawing every 30 minutes and a grand-prize drawing at 5:50 p.m.
School Bucks Challenge underway
Food City has pledged $700,000 in contributions to schools for the upcoming school year. With Food City’s School Bucks Challenge, it’s easy to earn reward points. For every $1 you spend, using your Food City ValuCard, you’ll receive one point.
The program has provided $19.3 million since its inception to some 1,000 participating schools in Food City’s market area, said Steven Smith, company president/CEO. The money has been used for educational equipment and tools such as computers.
The 2019-2020 School Bucks Challenge begins today (9/4) and continues through May 5, 2020. Sign up online or at your local Food City. Info: coordinator Lisa Johnson, 1-800-232-0174.
Family Meals Month
September is Family Meals Month, a national event designed to encourage families to plan more meals together. Food City is committed to helping make shared meals at home fun, affordable and healthier. Here are tips:
- Visit foodcity.com to search for recipes in the “meal and recipe center.” Find coupons for added savings.
- Check out our pre-marinated chicken, beef, pork, fish and seafood options to create a delicious entrée with little prep. Try our Shortcuts: Meals in Minutes. These meal packets include a seasoned entrée and tasty vegetables sealed in disposable container for easy clean-up. Pop it in the microwave or oven for a meal that’s ready in minutes.
- Visit the produce department “shortcuts” section as well. Choose from a wide assortment of pre-cut vegetables paired with complementing herbs and spices. These vegetables are freshly cut by our trained staff and are never sprayed with chemicals or preservatives.
- Or shop our in-store deli. We have multiple hot-and-ready entrees and sides prepared daily, as well as grab-and-go options such as hot and ready pizzas, rotisserie chickens and barbeque.
- Got kids in the car? Use Food City’s GoCart curbside pick-up. Order online and let a personal shopper fill your order.
Food Show is just around the corner
The Food City Food Show will return to the Knoxville Convention Center on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27-28 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Save the date! Tickets are on sale now at your neighborhood Food City. Proceeds benefit the United Way of Greater Knoxville.
Betsi James coordinates community relations for Food City in Knoxville.