You are invited to celebrate local artists and enjoy new exhibitions, artist demos and music Friday, October 6, from 5-9 p.m. at 100 S. Gay Street. Hosted by the Arts & Culture Alliance. See our preview article here.
The annual Pride Fest Night Parade along Gay Street begins at 7 p.m. which may impact parking.
Our First Friday celebration features a showcase of original performances by artists who are also Bailey Opportunity grantees, as hosted by Nick Horner:
- 5:15 p.m. – Appalachia: A Southeastern Wind Symphony (wind quintet)
- 5:45 p.m. – Domino Ensemble (jazz/new music trio)
- 6:15 p.m. – Jaleria Rivera (dance)
- 6:45 p.m. – Nief Norf (percussion)
- 7:15 p.m. – Ty Murray (DJ set)
- 7:45 p.m. – Roane Choral Society (vocal quartet & piano.
Suzanne Cada is deputy director of the Arts & Culture Alliance