WILDFLOWER REPORT – LUMBER RIDGE TRAIL (B TO TOP OF RIDGE) – 29 MAY 2023
- False Solomon’s Seal – Few – Most gone but a few still in bloom in higher elevation.
- Galax – Many – Most past peak bloom but some at full bloom.
- Goatsbeard – Few – Approaching peak bloom.
- Hawkweed – Many – Many at full bloom.
- Large Bluet – Many ++ – At peak bloom.
- Loosestrife – Some (all in one patch) – At peak bloom.
- Mountain Laurel – Many ++ – Most past peak bloom but still beautiful blooms remaining.
- Pipsissewa – Some – Budded – Probably be blooming by next weekend with warm temps.
- Solomon’s Seal Grande – Very few – Past peak bloom.
- Star Grass – Few – At peak bloom.
- Vasey Trillium – Few – Well past peak bloom however one bloom was really nice.
- White Milkweed – Few – Budded (should be blooming soon).
- Wild Hydrangea – Many – Just starting to bloom but some really nice blooms.
- Yellow Wood Sorrell – Some – Just starting to bloom (higher elevation).
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.