First Tennessee will collect donations of shelf-stable food for Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee through Wednesday, Nov. 7, at these First Tennessee branch locations:
- Downtown West, 1815 Downtown West Blvd.
- East End, 7741 Asheville Hwy.
- Farragut, 11864 Kingston Pike
- Merchants Rd, 502 Merchants Rd.
- Maryville Main, 1820 West Broadway
- South Grove, 7555 Mountain Grove Dr.
- Plaza, 800 South Gay St.
The most needed food donations include:
- Peanut butter
- Canned proteins (tuna, salmon, chicken)
- Canned fruits in own juices or light syrup (pineapples, peaches, pears)
- Canned vegetables (mixed, green beans, corn)
- Soups (beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey rice)
- Condiments (tomato-based sauces, light soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, light salad dressings)
“So many in our region are hungry and malnourished, and in the Tennessee volunteer spirit, we know that our customers and friends will extend their generosity to help those who need our support,” said Dave Miller, First Tennessee’s East Tennessee region president, in a press release.
“We are so grateful to First Tennessee for their partnership and support,” said Elaine Streno, Second Harvest Food Bank executive director. She said food for a new program, the senior rural delivery, comes from food drives.