Now that fall break is over, it’s time to get down to studying for the rest of the semester. The great news is the Knox County Public Library now offers a new resource to help students of all ages. All you need is a library card.
Brainfuse HelpNow is an all-in-one suite of learning services designed for a wide range of academic needs whether it’s tackling a tough homework problem, mastering a particular topic or writing a paper. And it includes an app allowing access on a mobile device anywhere.
- Live tutoring for help with homework in math, reading, writing, science, social studies and more – each library account may use five sessions per week up to 200 minutes
- Feedback on a writing assignment with Writing Lab drop-off
- Online meetings (MEET session) with classmates for peer-to-peer learning
- SkillSurfer to learn with lessons, videos and practice tests
- LEAP to build academic skills through targeted lessons, quizzes and live, online tutoring take practice tests on the SAT, ACT, GED and many more
- eParachute to discover your strengths and unique talents to map out your future career
Check it out here.
Mary Pom Claiborne is assistant director for marketing, communications and development for Knox County Public Library