Wildflower Report – Curry Mountain Trail (Beginning to End) 16 June 2023
For anyone interested in a moderate hike in the mountains, here is our Friday report.
- Daisy Fleabane – Some – At the beginning of the trail.
- Flame Azalea – A few shrubs with blooms – Most at peak bloom or just past peak bloom.
- Goats Rue – (1) – Well past peak bloom – almost gone.
- Large Bluet – Many – At peak bloom.
- Loosestrife – Few – Well past peak bloom – almost gone.
- Pipsissewa – Some – At peak bloom with a few budded.
- Red Clover – Some – At beginning of the trail.
- Rosebay Rhododendron – Some – Many at peak bloom – others just budded.
- White Clover – Some – At the beginning of the trail.
- Wild Hydrangea – Many + – Many at peak bloom – some just starting to bloom.
- Wood Nettle – Few – Appear to be past peak bloom.
- Yellow Wild Indigo – Few – Just starting to bloom.
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.