Wildflower Report – Ace Gap Trail (B to mile east of old campsite #7 – 25 September 2023
- Blue/purple Asters – Many – Mostly at peak bloom.
- Coreopsis – Few – Past peak bloom.
- Curtiss Milkwort – Few – Past peak bloom.
- False Fox Glove – Some – Mostly at peak bloom or just beyond peak bloom.
- Golden Rod – Many – Past peak bloom (number of varieties).
- Great Lobelia – Some – At peak bloom (all were small ones).
- Indian Pipe – Few – Well past peak bloom (about gone).
- Mountain Gentian – (1 stalk with buds).
- Southern Harebell – Some – Past peak bloom – small but beautiful.
- White Top Aster – Many – Mostly at peak bloom.
Foliage Report – Ace Gap Trail (B to about 1 mile east of old campsite #7)
- Blue Berry – Some of the leaves are changing.
- Red Maple – Some red leaves on the ground (did not see red leaves on the trees).
- Sourwood – Many are changing – some red, some orange and some yellow.
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.