Knoxville knows how to make fun out of hot weather! As temperatures rise this week, suit up and go play at one of eight different places around town featuring fountains that shoot streams of water up out of the ground. These areas are a blast for kids and help families stay cool in an interactive environment that’s accessible for everyone.
The water play fountains in city of Knoxville parks are open from sunrise to sunset, and the splash pads in Knox County Parks and town of Farragut parks are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., so you’ll never miss out on the fun!
Here are a few tips on each splashy spot to help you take your pick.
Carl Cowan Park
10058 Northshore Drive
- Want even more water? This park is right on the river with opportunities for paddling and fishing
2318 W. Emory Road
- You can walk or ride a bike here using a connection to the Powell Greenway
New Harvest Park
4775 New Harvest Lane
- Go home from your trip to the splash pad with veggies from the Farmers Market offered here on Thursdays
World’s Fair Park
1060 Worlds Fair Park
- These are the tallest play fountains in town – big enough for grown-ups too!
- With the city skyline and Sunsphere in the background, this is a classic Knoxville spot that’s great for photos
Entrance on Neyland Drive
- Located along the Tennessee River and Neyland Greenway
- Calhoun’s on the River, a classic Knoxville restaurant, is just a walk away for a lunch break
504 Market St
- You’ll find a grassy field, beautiful trees, and sculptures right in the heart of downtown
- Located close to Market Square, you can hit both play fountains in one outing
60 Market St
- Kids can play in the fountains while you observe all the fun activities going on in Market Square – Regular musical performances and Farmers Markets are scheduled for summer
- Market Square fountains are closed on July 23rd for a special event
917 McFee Rd
- This town of Farragut expanded this splash pad last year, making it the largest public splash pad in the greater Knoxville area
- The nature theme and unique spray elements make it a perfect place for toddlers
No matter where you live, you never have to go far in Knoxville to find water fountains for some fun in the sun. Find one nearby at OutdoorKnoxville.com, put on some sunscreen, and Get Out & Play!