Free, noncredit classes in the arts, self defense and a range of life skills will be offered at the 1602 E. Magnolia Avenue campus of Pellissippi State Community College on Saturdays this fall.
An Introduction to Women’s Basic Self Defense will begin the series on Sept. 30, 9-9:45 a.m., 9:50-10:35 a.m. and 10:45-11:30 a.m.
To register or get information, call 865.539.7167 or visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs. Registration is encouraged but not required. Other classes are:
- Introduction to Appalachian Dulcimer, Sept. 30, 9 -11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Old-Time Banjo, Sept. 30, 10:30-11:30 a.m. with WDVX Blue Plate Special musician Anna Uptain
- Introduction to Smart Trips and Cash for Commuters, presented by Smart Trips, Sept. 30, 9-9:20 a.m., 9:25-9:45 a.m. and 9:50-10:10 a.m.
- Leadership Skills: Motivating Employees, Oct. 7, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Ukrainian Egg Dyeing, Oct. 28, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Smart Cycling Traffic Skills 101, presented by the Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation, Oct.28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Excel Workshop, Nov. 4, 9-11:30 a.m.
To request accommodations for a disability for any class, call 865-539-7401 or email [email protected]