Wildflower Report – Middle Prong Trail (B-E) – 16 August 2023
- Crimson Bee Balm – Few – Past peak bloom (about gone).
- Doll Eyes – Some – Berries
- Heal All – Some – Gone in lower elevations – nice blooms in the higher elevations of this trail.
- Love Vine – Few – At peak bloom at the junction of Middle Prong & Greenbrier Ridge trails.
- Pale Jewelweed – Some – Some at peak bloom.
- Rattlesnake Plantain – Few – Well past peak bloom (about gone).
- White Snake Root – Few – Just starting to bloom.
- White Top Asters – Many – At various stages of the blooming process – some just starting to bloom.
- Wood Nettle – Some – Mostly past peak bloom.
- Doll EyesWhite Snake Root
Notes: Not a lot of blooms on this trail. The photo of the White Snake Root is an old photo. The blooms were not advanced enough today to use a photo of them on the report.
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.