Wildflower Report – Rabbit Creek Trail (From Abrams Creek to Hannah Mt. Trail)
- Blue Asters – Few – Past peak bloom – almost gone.
- Curtis Aster – Few – Slightly past peak bloom.
- White Snake Root – (1) – Well past peak bloom – almost gone.
- White Top Aster – (1) – Nice.
Fall Foliage Report – Rabbit Creek Trail (From Abrams Creek to Hannah Mt. Trail)
- Blueberry – Red leaves.
- Hickory – Dark yellow leaves.
- Red Maple – Red foliage (many still have nice foliage).
- Red Oak – Red leaves (some are at peak color).
- Sassafras – Mostly yellow foliage.
- Scarlett Oaks – Red leaves (Some leaves at peak – others approaching peak).
- Sourwood – Foliage with colors: Bright red, hot pink, orange and yellow – mostly past peak).
- Sugar Maple – Some yellow leaves and some orange leaves.
- Tulip – Yellow foliage.
- Much of the bright colored leaves have fallen and many of the leaves remaining have faded; however, there is still some delightful foliage to enjoy.
- Wildflower and foliage reports for 2023 will be suspended unless instructions are received to do otherwise.
Tom Harrington is a regular hiker who reports on wildflowers in the Smokies.