November 3, 2017 Kelly Norrell
Second Presbyterian Church, known for its signal role in Knoxville’s history, its social justice stands and its resilience in the face of schisms, has begun celebrating its 200th birthday. Begun...
Jeff Randolph, a Greenville, S.C., developer whose firm, the Randolph Group LLC, specializes in building residential, urban infill and mixed-use communities, will speak about the creation of successful mixed-use developments...
October 27, 2017 Kelly Norrell
What do you get when a U.S. Marine Corps gunnery sergeant becomes a middle school PE and wellness teacher? In retired Gunnery Sgt. Tim Sands, 44, at Bearden Middle School,...
October 24, 2017 Kelly Norrell
When West High School senior Kinley Koontz joined the Knox County school board this summer, she began working to solve a problem. The 10th student representative on the board, Koontz...
October 19, 2017 Kelly Norrell
On Nov. 4 and 5, Hardin Valley Church of Christ will host inspirational speakers HK Derryberry, 27, severely disabled but with a prodigy-like memory, and Jim Bradford, 74, his mentor....
October 18, 2017 Kelly Norrell
When Will Roberson restored the nature trail at the Children’s Center of Knoxville for his Eagle Scout project, he did more than give small children a place to take nature...
Load more posts
Sign up for email updates
- The Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC Y-12 Community Investment Fund has granted some $150,000 to 16 nonprofits from 11 East Tennessee counties. The fund is managed by the East Tennessee Foundation and was created in 2014 by CNS, which operates the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, Texas, where a similar fund is managed by the Amarillo Area Foundation.
- Scott Frith, attorney and former Realtor, is engaged to Bridget McCullough and hopes to join her in Philadelphia in January. Scott says he’s excited about the New Year and new beginnings.
- Bob Thomas and Ed Brantley, Knox County commissioners at-large, will be ringing the bells for the Salvation Army 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13, at the Sears entrance to West Town Mall, 7600 Kingston Pike. This event will be the commissioners’ 35th monthly Ed and Bob Night Out. All are invited to stop by to chat.
- West Knox Republican Club will host Christmas/Hanukkah Party 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, Rothchild, 8807 Kingston Pike. Ticket info: Gary Loe, 865-584-5842.
- Fountain City BPA will present its annual Claude C. Myers award for businessperson of the year at its annual after-hours networking event, 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, at Commercial Bank, 5320 N. Broadway.