There are only five more days left to enjoy Zoo Knoxville’s spectacular Zoo Lights display before it goes back in the box until November. Tonight, there is a special event for those with sensory processing disorder (SPD) from 5-8:30 p.m.
Zoo Lights Low-Sensory Night will feature all the magic of Zoo Lights without some of the features that individuals with SPD might find overwhelming. SPD-friendly accommodations guests can expect are:
- Attendance capped at a lower number than typical nights to allow personal space.
- Designated quiet areas in the East, Central and West areas of the zoo to provide respite from stimulation.
- Light strobing, flashing and blinking effects will be dramatically reduced.
- KultureCity sensory kits will be available for checkout, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Zoo Choo Train and Fuzzy-Go-Round Carousel will be operated without sound.
Advance online ticket purchases are encouraged due to limited availability. Tickets are $24 for adults and $18 for children. Members receive a $4 discount. Last admission is at 7:30 p.m. Zoo Lights continues through Sunday, Jan. 9, from 5-8:30 p.m.