On March 26, the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon hosted the Covenant Kids Run, and students from KCS elementary schools made a terrific showing.
Marathon officials this week announced results from the Fittest School Challenge, which awarded prize money to schools based on the percentage of their students who participated in the Kids Run. The five winners in the large division, along with school prize money, are:
- Ritta Elementary ($1,000)
- Shannondale Elementary ($750)
- Sarah Moore Greene Magnet Academy ($500)
- Rocky Hill Elementary ($350)
- Sequoyah Elementary ($200)
Congratulations to all the students who participated in this great event.
Josh Flory is a multi-media specialist with Knox County Schools and writes the blog Hall Pass for the KCS website.