Muse Knoxville is pleased to announce the appointment of seven new members to its board of directors. The appointments are:
- John Billings,Vice President, TCV Trust and Wealth Management
- Denise Dean, Executive Director, East Tennessee Freedom Schools
- Kristin Kropilak, Community Volunteer
- Julia Mayer, Psychologist, UTK Korn Learning, Assessment, and Social Skills Center
- Eric Robertson, Financial Reporting Manager, Pilot Flying J
- John Sergent, Retail Banking Executive, First Tennessee Bank
- Darris Upton, Diversity Development Manager, Knox County
Muse Knoxville impacts over 180,000 individuals annually through its onsite children’s museums, community events and educational outreach programs. In 2019, Muse Knoxville became the state’s largest provider of STEM outreach programs by providing curriculum-based programs in schools to over 48,000 students.
“Each year I’m amazed at the level of experience our team is able to access through our board volunteers,” said Ellie Kittrell, executive director of Muse Knoxville. “We have a very strong board in place to help us meet our strategic vision of making our community the best place for all to learn through the power of play. Every board member brings a unique set of personal gifts and talents.”
Muse Knoxville is a non-profit children’s science museum located in Chilhowee Park and West Town Mall with a mission to inspire and empower all children through transformative learning experiences. We exist to serve East Tennessee by bringing hands-on, inquiry-based programming to children ages 6 months to 10 years old. In fiscal year 2018-2019, Muse Knoxville served 189,345 people. For more information about Muse Knoxville and its programs, please visit www.themuseknoxville.org.