Mayor Glenn Jacobs and his staff are going to be “schooled,” and they want all Knox Countians to do the same..
At 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, at the mayor’s office in the City County Building, Jacobs and his staff will be trained in compression-only CPR and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). They will also get “Stop the Bleed” training.
The following week is National Emergency Medical Services Week, and American Medical Response (AMR) and Rural/Metro locally and AMR operations across the country will train thousands of people to save lives through compression-only CPR. Compression-only CPR is easy to learn and has the ability to keep a cardiac-arrest victim alive until paramedics arrive.
New this year is “Stop the Bleed” training, which trains people how to help save lives in a multi-casualty event.
Jacobs and others are being trained both to know what to do and to encourage others to take advantage of this opportunity.
Everyone in the county can receive this training free. It takes only 20 minutes and is being offered at locations across Knoxville and Knox County. No reservations are needed; people can just stop by.
Here is where the training is being offered:
- Knox County Library Summer Reading Festival at World’s Fair Park
- Carter Senior Center, 9 a.m.- noon
- South Knoxville Senior Center, 10 a.m.- noon
- Fleming’s Restaurant-Parkside Drive, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- West Town Mall, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Kroger in Farragut at the Little Clinic, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Halls Senior Center, 12-2 p.m.
- Kroger at Middlebrook @ Cedar Bluff in Little Clinic, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Corryton Senior Center, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Strang Senior Center, 9 a.m.- noon
- New Harvest Park Farmers Market, 3-6 p.m.
- Karns Senior Center, 1-3 p.m.
Kroger in Powell @ the Little Clinic, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Market Square Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Summer Safety Bash 5, 7328 Norris Freeway by Rural King, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (in partnership with Knox County Sheriff’s Office)
Captain Jeff Bagwell of Rural Metro Fire provided this information from Knox County government.