The second weekend of December is coming up, and with it come even more opportunities for fun and festive holiday events. Here are a few selections to get your heartstrings warmed up for Christmas!
- The Christmas at Chilhowee celebration will be held 6-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, at Chilhowee Park, with hayrides, a train for little ones, pictures with Santa, hot cocoa and roasted marshmallows, music by the Vine Middle Magnet School Chorus, and cookie decoration with the Austin-East Culinary Arts Department. There will be a special tree-lighting ceremony at the park’s historic bandstand. Admission is free, and the park decorations will remain for self-guided tours through Jan. 1, 2018.
- Fountain City’s Christmas tree lighting will be held 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, at the gazebo in Fountain City Park. There will be live, seasonal music, hot cocoa and cookies, along with a visit from Santa. The even is a joint effort of Fountain City Lions Club and Fountain City Town Hall.
- Have Breakfast with Santa 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Dec. 9, at the Cansler Family Y. Pancakes will be served starting at 11:30 a.m. while supplies last. There will be crafts and pictures with Santa. The event is free and open to the community.
- Food City stores will host the Food City Holiday Open House at all area locations 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, with activities including live entertainment, crafts, door prizes, samples of holiday foods, and special prices throughout each store.
- A Christmas Home Tour, sponsored by the Halls Crossroads Women’s League, will be held Saturday, Dec. 9, starting and ending at Salem Baptist Church in Halls. The tour is self-guided from 4-8 p.m. and includes five decorated homes. Tickets are $10 and can be picked up with directions to the homes at Salem Baptist Dec. 9. Refreshments will be served at Salem Baptist for those who have completed the tour.