Fresenius Medical Care, the world’s largest provider of dialysis products and services, will break ground on a new distribution center at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 29, at 5304 E. John Sevier Highway. Parking is available off Roscoe Lane.
The new distribution center will be the company’s largest East Coast facility, representing more than 120 new jobs for the region. The project will support the growth of the company’s nearby manufacturing plant, which opened in 2016, eventually doubling the number of jobs at the plant. Both the manufacturing plant and distribution center are critical to the company’s efforts to increase the choice of home dialysis treatment by patients with kidney failure.
Elected officials, key project stakeholders, economic-development representatives and area business professionals expected to attend are:
- Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs
- Rice Powell, CEO of Fresenius Medical Care
- Kent Wanzek, CEO of GMQS, Fresenius Medical Care
- Rhonda Rice Clayton, executive vice president of the Knoxville Chamber
- Terry Turner, chair of the Knoxville Chamber board of directors