Vice Mayor Andrew Roberto is urging residents to attend the city’s West Knoxville Community Open House today (06/01/23) at Bearden Middle School from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
“Drop by any time to learn more about community projects,” he said. These include:
- Middlebrook Advanced Traffic Management System
- Papermill Drive Corridor Study
- Kingston Pike Complete Connections
- Pleasant ridge Road Phase II
- New Signal at Gleason and Downtown West Blvd.
- Northwest Greenway Connector Extension
- Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization
- Urban Forest Master Plan
- Traffic Calming
- African-American Equity Restoration Task Force
- Lakeshore Park Updates
- West Hills Park / Whitlow-Logan Park
- Vision Zero
- KUB Fiber Internet
Community Yard Sale
The West Hills Community Association is sponsoring a yard sale from 8 a.m. until noon on Saturday, June 3. Look for balloons and yard signs.
Community picnic & bike ride
Things are hopping in West Hills. On Sunday, June 11, residents will meet on the West Hills Greenway at the large pavilion next to the big playground from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Food trucks will cover tacos, barbecue and sno-balls. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and outdoor activities to share. The hula hoop event starts at 6 p.m. Bring your own or find one to borrow. And at 7:30 p.m. the family bike ride on the greenway will begin. It’s a great way to meet your neighbors.