Load more posts
- Knoxville Community Band will give a free concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 25, on the Market Square stage. Bring a chair to enjoys such tunes as “Italian Polka,” “An American in Paris,” and selections from “The Wizard of Oz.” Mark Boring, the assistant band director, will direct the band, assisted by three guest directors. Director Larry Hicks will play trumpet. Sponsored by Knoxville Parks and Recreation, the Knoxville Community Band is comprised of instrumentalists in the community who like to play, and most have been playing since grammar school. All play as volunteers because they love music.
- New Harvest Park Farmers Market will host its seventh annual Blueberry Festival 3-6 p.m. Thursday, June 29, at 4775 New Harvest Lane. Local blueberries and blueberry plants will be for sale along with a blueberry dessert competition and a presentation by David Vandergriff from the UT Extension Office.
- Candidate Expo will be 4:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, June 29, at the Knoxville Expo Center, 5441 Clinton Highway. The event is free for both candidates and attendees. It is sponsored by Tim Graham, CEO of Graham Corporation, which owns the Knoxville Expo Center, and Moxley Carmichael. Candidates can reserve their spot by emailing email@example.com or calling 865-686-3200.
- Farragut Freedom Run, sponsored by Fleet Feet Knoxville Running Club, is a 1- and 2-mile race ahead of the town of Farragut’s annual Independence Day parade on July 4. Info: www.fleetfeetknoxville.com/races/farragut-freedom-run
- Central High School Triennial Golden Grad Reunion will be held Saturday, Aug. 12, at the Rothchild Event Center, 8807 Kingston Pike. Check in at 4 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. Reservation deadline is July 15, cost is $35. Registration form and more information from firstname.lastname@example.org. All who graduated from Central more than 50 years ago are welcome!