What is Fountain City’s oldest business that is still in existence? Until a couple of years ago, Babelay and Stormer’s...
Many who were students at Smithwood Grammar School in the 1930s and 1940s will remember Mr. Lakin, the tall, kindly,...
Pollyanna Creekmore was born in Jellico, Campbell County, Tenn. on Sept. 23, 1920. She was the fifth of the six...
Load more posts
- Baker Creek Preserve is grooming its mountain bike trails, with moving closures over the coming days. Check Facebook or Twitter for daily activity.
- Dirty Dogs Done Dirt Cheap, a low-cost vaccine clinic and dog wash, will be held 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, at the Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley, 6717 Kingston Pike.
- Halls Republican Club will meet 7-8 p.m. Monday, Aug 21, at the Boys & Girls Club, 1819 Dry Gap Pike. Speaker will be Cliff Rodgers, Knox County administrator of elections.
- City Council candidates are invited to “meet and greet” members of several neighborhood groups at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, at Alice Bell Baptist Church, 3305 Alice Bell Road. Early voting runs through Aug. 24 and Election Day is Aug. 29.
- Tom Spangler, candidate for sheriff, will host a drop-by reception from 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 24, at the Historic Southern Railway Station, 300 W. Depot Ave. A donation of $50 is requested, but not required.